I am lucky to have a lot of people in my life who love me, and who care what happens to me. The problem is, none of them know what being morbidly obese is like, and I think that they all think I have lost my mind. I am lucky in that I think they would rather I just stay morbidly obese than risk death or the complications they know CAN occur.
Instead of being irritated with people questioning my decision, I am sticking to my rule of understanding that their questions are coming from a place of fear. So, I am just reminding everyone that I want to live a long and healthy life, and this is what I need to get there.
I am committed to the doctors orders, and will uphold my end of the responsibility to be healthy.
What does my commitment involve?
- Lots of vitamins. Every day. For the rest of my life.
- Water. Every day. All day. Keeping a journal to make sure I know if I got enough in.
- Protein. Protein. Protein. I guess my goal is 80 grams, and I need to keep a log on this too.
- Walking. Every day possible. Walking to the fridge no longer counts here 🙂
- Support group and follow up visits….to minimize my own self sabotage, which is not bypassed in this operation 🙂
My surgery is this Thursday, December 19th – clear liquid diet starts Wednesday, December 18th!
I will post as soon as I can about my surgery and how it felt.